New Quest City - Real Estate
Signature In-Home Care, Inc.
Advertise Here

Infignos Radio

Eastaboga Bee Company
Advertise Here

Register | Back to Forum
Forgot your password? Enter your e-mail address below and we will e-mail you your login information.
E-mail Address

User ID
Password

By: Posted -

Home Search
Advertise Here

Articles from the TimBrunson.com blog

The Joy of Total Relaxation

When your mind and body are relaxing, they are repairing. The largest part of our nervous system, which runs without your conscious awareness, has two modes. When you are in a deep state of relaxation, you are experiencing what is known as a parasympathetic response. This means that your digestion system and other major life-sustaining organs are fully functioning and your immune system is working at its best. The opposite state is called a sympathetic response. Typically those systems and organs that were operating at their best in the parasympathetic mode are now taking a subordinate role to those that are involved in your protection and safety. This latter condition is what happens when you are experiencing negative stress.

In this hectic, multi-tasking, chronic stress world, we are literally wearing ourselves out. Prolonged periods of sympathetic-protection mode...

Just Can’t Stop Biting my Fingernails

Fingernail biting is a compulsive behavior that is very often started during a person’s pre-teen or teen years. It is normally a type of defensive reaction that occurs when a young person encounters a threatening situation that they cannot understand. While I’ve seen this occur in situations where there has been a significant stress in the home – to include frequent relocations and abuse – it frequently starts when a seemingly simple event occurs.

One example of this involved a young thirteen year old boy who had been chewing his nails since the age of nine. In this case, the young man was in a very normal, loving family. There were no problems such as frequent moving or arguing parents. However, there was a very significant event that occurred back when he was nine. Late one Saturday night he and his father had been sitting on the sofa watching television. After several...

What is an ego?

When looked at as a part of the theories of Sigmund Freud, the ego is part of a psychic apparatus, which also includes the id in the super-ego. Together the ego, id, and super-ego can be explained as personality, instinct, and critical self-awareness. However, for this article I'm going to regard the ego has been your personality and self-awareness. Exploring the concept of ego can involve many competing philosophies. It would suffice at this point to regard the ego as a collection of values, beliefs, and attitudes. When I hear someone say that they do something or think a certain way as "that's just who I am," they are giving me clues as to their fundamental personality. When I hear psychologist discuss healthy personalities or personality disorders, I also understand is to being a question of whether someone has a healthy or unhealthy ego. There are two fundamental questions...

Top Blog Story

Your romantic relationships can sizzle

Visit our Blog

Subscribe to Our Blog
Subscribe to our RSS Feed

Official U.S. Time
Affiliate Program

Home | Links | Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

© 2000 - 2014 . BuyersUSA Relocation, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Number of Visitors: 2514149 Last Date Visit: 09/30/14