of the Alabama Coalition Against Rape, Inc.
Serving Calhoun, Cleburne, Clay, Talladega and Etowah
24 Hr. Crisis Line
The Daybreak Crisis Recovery Center is a nonprofit organization. All
services are free to sexual assault victims and their loved ones.
What is Sexual Assault? Sexual assault occurs when one is forced into sexual contact or sexual acts against his or her will. It has many different names: Rape, Date Rape, Sexual Abuse, Sodomy, Molestation, and Incest.
- 24-hr. Crisis Response Team
- 24-hr. Crisis Phone Line
- Crisis Counseling
- Support Groups
- Court Preparation
- Victim Advocacy Program
- Community Prevention and Education
Facts on Sexual Assault:
- Rape is the most unreported crime in the United States
- One out of four women is sexually assaulted at some point in her lifetime.
- The highest at risk population for sexual assault is females ages 16-34.
- More than 80% of sexual assaults are committed by someone the victim knows.
- Rape is against the law! First degree rape or sodomy is punishable by a maximum fine of $20,000 and/or ten years to life in prison.
24-Hr. Crisis Line:
|It is important for a victim to be able to talk about their feelings and to understand that they are normal. If you would like to talk about your feelings, contact a crisis worker at Daybreak who will provide non-judgemental and confidential support.|
Advertising in New Quest City
Affordable advertising with your own Web address. To save set up fee
when placing your order, please reference code: AL0060-0002. Also, using this
code will result in a donation being made to this charity.
Return to the New Quest City
Neighborhood |Return to New
This page, and all contents, are Copyright © 1996 by BUYERS USA, All